Tuesday, September 27, 2011

One Dang Attractive Author


I have a favorite book. It's author is pretty dang cool, and attractive. But the book is even better. It makes me laugh almost every page. It's pages inspire me to greatness. It helps me understand where I've come from. And where I want to go.

And guess what? It's still being written.

 It's called my Journal. 

You can look back and remember forgotten lessons and wisdom from the past. You can relive the hilarious times and wonderful moments, and with new perspective, learn from the pain.
Also, it helps you not take yourself too seriously haha. Cause looking on my past self, I always feel a little ridiculous. =D

Boss people that kept a Journal: Nephi, Lehi, Moses, Thomas Jefferson, Benjamin Franklin, Andrew Carnegie, Winston Churchill, John Adams, General Patton, Ronald Reagan, T and many many more.

"A journal is the literature of superiority. Each individual can become superior in his own humble life...Get a notebook, a journal that will last through all time, and maybe the angels may quote from it for eternity. Begin today and write in it your goings and comings, your deepest thoughts, your achievements and your failures, your associations and your triumphs, your impressions and your testimonies" - Spencer W. Kimball


http://lds.org/ldsorg/v/index.jsp?vgnextoid=024644f8f206c010VgnVCM1000004d82620aRCRD&locale=0&sourceId=96aa51e4b66fb010VgnVCM1000004d82620a____

And now I head off to sleep, but before that, I shall write in my journal. Maybe I'll even write about me writing about me writing about me writing about my Journal. In any case. I'll do it because. I know how much it'll help me.

2 comments:

  1. Another Boss Person That Kept A Journal But You Didn't Mention: Wilford Woodruff. And most of the freaking history of the Church came from his journals!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Journals are easily one of the greatest things invented by mankind.

    ReplyDelete