Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Take That Teenage Culture!


     So tonight I was reading back through my journal (see earlier post for an explanation of its awesomeness) and I read something I had written that really struck a chord with me and I had forgotten over the past while. I'd written that it really was no use stressing about girls, who I like, whether they like me, yata yata yata. I had decided that instead of stressing about dinky high school relationships I was gonna focus all my attention on becoming a better man for the girl somewhere out there that will one day be my wife.

     Instead of worrying about what might be an "I like you, you like me" kind of relationship, I should really be focusing on the "We love each other and will be with each other forever" relationship. Because I'll be honest with you, I'm a hopeless romantic, in more ways than one. And because I know I'm not ready yet, until it's time for me to search for my companion, I'm gonna make myself the best me I can be. And when I have become the best man I could be, she'll know that I did it for her.

   

4 comments:

  1. You are so cute. This was really touching. =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad that there are sane teens these days! Everyone definitely seems to be worrying about their current "dinky" relationships, and for what benefit?
    You have eternal perspective man, and it is fabulous. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My heart is officially melted. A puddle. You know...if I still happen to be around after your mission, you know where to find me. ;)

    ReplyDelete