Tuesday, January 24, 2012

A Time to Breathe

     Back in the days when I thought there was still a remote possibility of me going to Harvard (before second term that is) I was reading some of it's suggestions for seniors and I thought it was really interesting. Basically they said don't load up with a bunch of crazy classes senior year. If anything lighten the load. Give yourself some time to do what you love, some time to think, some time to breathe. So I decided I'd take their advice, and I've got to say, I'm lovin it!

Don't get me wrong I still have hard classes, I have two AP Science classes and a college level math class. But it's a lot more relaxed then it could have been. I actually get full nights of sleep now! I have time in the morning to exercise and read scriptures, and time in the afternoon to nap. Basically...it's exactly what I need to relax before the push of college. Sometimes you just need a breather in life, and in the words of Elder Utchdorf

"If life and it's rushed pace and many stresses have made it difficult for you to feel like rejoicing, then perhaps now is a good time to refocus on what matters most"
 http://lds.org/general-conference/2010/10/of-things-that-matter-most?lang=eng

Ps. I love the morning after a fresh coat of snow =)

No comments:

Post a Comment